We are a private open-air museum, located 40 km from Riga and 25 km from Sigulda (Saulkrasti direction). There are six historic and one big newly built smoke sauna houses in the Sauna Museum at the moment. Work on the creation of the Museum began in 2008 and according to our plans for the future the Sauna Museum will have at least 20 different saunas from all regions of Latvia in one place. We would be happy to make the Museum as a cognitive and recreational place to introduce the historic Latvian sauna in practice through your own feelings. You can just come with your family to relax in nature.
We are working year-round, but there may be some restrictions on cold weather and deep snow conditions.
Guided tours in the Museum should be ordered in advance.
In year 2015 the Sauna Museum offers the following:
• excursion in the Sauna Museum for individual and groups
• guide service
• possibility to enjoy the black sauna, individually and for groups up to 20 people
• heating "public black sauna" in the big smoke sauna house every 2nd Sunday
• enjoy “green sauna” in the electric sauna – using a lot of plants during the procedure
• cognitive program for children (groups 20-40 kids)
• consultations and seminars on how to build a comfortable and good working sauna
• workshops: making whisks, plants used in Latvian sauna
• tell you about the bees and show a little of their life (max.6 people in the apiary)
• hot lunch for visitors’ groups (20 or more people)
• tasting honey and home-made spirits
• picnic area
• children's playground
• pavilion for seminars and corporate events (100m2, May to October )
• campers connection space (10 pcs.)
The Sauna Museum has been granted with public benefit organization status, which allows getting tax refunds to the supporters of the Sauna Museum.
Particularly we would like to invite organizations who are planning seminars and outdoor events: organizing them in the Sauna Museum Latvia, you will participate in the Museum's further development and help more people to introduce the history of sauna in Latvia.
Thank you for your interest and hope to see you in the Sauna Museum Latvia.